September 18, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #16

Happy Thursday! :D
[more info here]
I'm getting less and less creative with my introductions...Ain't nobody got time fo dat.  ;)


I.  New discovery: hazelnut coffee + chocolate creamer is better than Nutella. #forreal  Try it!

II.  My daily dose of coffee has been giving me tummy troubles. :'(  Normally, so long as I don't drink it on an empty stomach, there's no problem - however, for the past few days, about 10-30 minutes upon consumption, the gurgles start and the pain kicks in. Not good. I cannot give up my beloved brew!
Does this count as a selfie? ;)
III.  I found a DIY for nail polish: eyeshadow + clear coat (or other translucent nail polish) = shiny new shade of nail polish! I tried it with an orangey-brown shade of eyeshadow and I produced a very nice, subtle shade of brownish-orange. Sadly, my ipod camera doesn't do it much justice.
They look much nicer in person. 

IV.  I watched The Woman in Black with my friends the other day. Despite the multitudinous jumpscares, it wasn't all that scary. 

V.  We also watched Edward Scissorhands which was a very sad but sweet story. My friend Kennedi "awwwh"d about 30 times, therefore I was determined to not show a soft spot for Edward.
Needless to say, I was disappointed with the ending because really, who wants to be left all alone in an ominous castle? I feel for Edward (but don't tell Kennedi).

VI.  As far as books go, I've been loving Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I can't give it enough thumbs up! 

VII.  My daily reading time has become nonexistent. I don't know what happens - time just flies by like you wouldn't believe! I think this new school system is getting to me. ;P

VIII.  Lately, I've been eating a lot more than usual. Like a lot more. I'm not exactly complaining but, for example, Mom bought me a jar of Biscoff cookie spread and I've eaten half of it in three days. How does that happen?? 

IX. Speaking of spreads, I'm almost out of peanut butter - how does that happen?!

X.  No worries though, because  I'll be spending the weekend in Ohio visiting family and celebrating my grandpa's birthday! I'm really looking forward to pizza. And cake. I'm really hoping there will be cake. ;)

Thanks for stopping by; now join in on the fun!




~JK

6 comments:

  1. Oh no you can't give up coffee! It's the favorite part of my morning I do know that :) And I will be trying that coffee/creamer combo soon!
    Totally cool you are visiting Ohio! That is where I'm from and live !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, once you try the hazelnut + chocolate combo you NEVER go back!

      Delete
  2. Wait... what?! Eyeshadow as nail polish?! That's something I've definitely never heard of -- need to look into it more. And I can very much relate to eating a lot more lately. I blame the changing seasons and the fact that fall flavours are kind of irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ma goodness don't even get me started on all the fall stuff *insert heart-eyed emoji*

      Delete
  3. Hazelnut coffee with chocolate creamer sounds like dessert in a cup. I'm sold! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best thing since sliced bread. ;)

      Delete