July 03, 2014

Thanking Out Loud #9

Fun fact: I wrote this post in half a day, as opposed to three or more.
Brownie points for staying up late[r than normal] just for this?  ;)
[info on the linkup here]

I.  I seem to disappeared from the blog world, haven't I? Ah well, there is always an explanation...
Except for this time. Saying I've been busy with socializing and booked with dates (as if!) would be a lie. I have been busy with schoolwork (i.e. online shopping and Tweeting in between lessons) and I have been booked with trying to ration out the candy I received for my birthday.
That means not eating all the Skittles and M&Ms in one sitting. Self-control is one of the Fruits of the Spirit that I am lacking in.  :p

II.  I went thrift shopping today (Wednesday) and came upon a couple pairs of high-waisted shorts. This excited me immensely because A) the local Goodwill kinda sorta really sucks (unless you're a grandma), so a good find is actually a fantastic find; and B) I've been searching far and wide for a halfway decent pair of shorts, and came upon two! I could put "expert thrift shopper" on my resume.

III.  I have taken up knitting and made a little bunny family thanks to Dodie's knitting tutorial. Little babies are on the way!

a pitiful excuse of a yarn basket...
I feel like a 16 year old granny now.
You'd better believe I'm gonna be the greatest granny you've ever met 'coz I'm practicing already!  ;)

IV.  For my birthday, I was given a bouquet of roses that are arguably the most gorgeous roses I have since laid eyes upon. To preserve such beauties, I have attempted to dry them using hairspray. I found many tutorials, all of which have said something along the lines of "spray the flowers" "hang them upside down" and "wait 296238 weeks for them to dry".
That last step was taken from my own experience. Flowers are not quick driers.

V.   I read somewhere that green tea is good for digestion and metabolism and such bodily functions. Naturally, I decided to buy some and give it a try. The verdict:  they aren't kidding when they promise the "earthy taste" of this tea. >.<  I think my digestion is fine enough without torturing myself, thanks. I'm forever sticking with coffee.

VI.  On a more exuberant note: summer church camp is coming up! I've only been once, but that was before I had "real" friends and knew how to handle myself when certain situations arose -such as being left alone in the cafeteria... 
But anyway. That was my in-between-teenage-and-adolescence stage, when I couldn't decide whether I was depressed or lonely or happy or what.

VII.  As I've started driving (whoop!) I have realized something: the rules of the road are much more specific than they're let on. My parents don't sit at stop lights and mutter "okay, do I have the right of way or...?" so when I jumped into this I thought it'd be a little bit simpler.
Trust me when I tell you this: people do not appreciate it when you pull out in front of them. Not at all.

VIII.  Today's episode of Odd Addictions iiiiiiiis...
Mints!
Believe it or not, I think I may be a little bit addicted to peppermints. Funny story: I choked on one the first day I ever tried them.
These particular mints are bigger than the "average" mint, so when one of them decided to slip its way down the back of my throat, I spent an hour trying to swallow that dang thing. Please, do not ever swallow a larger-than-normal mint. I can promise you, unless you have an unrealistically enormous esophagus, the pain is excruciating and the minty freshness you may consequently acquire is not worth it. 

IX.  I may have mentioned my love of banana bread some time ago. I made the brilliant decision to bake another loaf - more of an experimental one this time - without a few ingredients, namely chocolate chips.
Worst. decision. ever.
Banana bread is so dull and lifeless without something in there, albeit walnuts or peanut chips or chocolate chunks. There has to be something other than bananas and flour, which is pretty much all you can taste in this most recent batch. 
Note to self: chocolate is never an option.

X.  Speaking of chocolate:
This stuff is ah.mazing. Note how I have written my name in bold, black marker; this is because no one besides myself is allowed to indulge in this. I used to mix Nutella and peanut butter and eat it with all the gluttony a child of my age could possess. Peanut Butter & Co. does an amazing job balancing the chocolate and the peanut butter; it's not overly sweet but it's not overly salty. It's incredible with pretzels.


So tell me...
Have you ever tried green tea? Your thoughts if you have?
What are the best ingredients to add in banana bread?



~JK

2 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I actually prefer my banana bread without anything in it because I like to really be able to taste the bananas? That being said, it has to be a GOOD banana bread and not too floury, if that makes sense... I'll never pick the chocolate out if it's in there, though ;) And I'm not the biggest fan of green tea either. I actually found that it irritates my stomach more than anything else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that! This particular banana bread was definitely way too floury. :p

      Delete