August 06, 2013

THE ART OF SINGING [PART 2]



Photo source: www.topcoder.com
  [[PLEASE READ PART ONE OR THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE]]

  My experience at both nursing homes went pretty well. My hands were shaky but miraculously, my voice wasn't; I walked out feeling accomplished and proud of having done what I set out to do [and not completely destroying the song as I was so terrified I might].
  So evidently, the next step would be to get Janessa to sing in church in front of everyone because, the very next week, I was asked to sing in church in front of everyone. 
What.
Okay, when I said my confidence level went up, I didn't mean it went up miles, I meant it went up a few steps! There's a BIG difference between singing for a group of people who'll flat out appreciate your existence and a group of people who probably have no idea I can speak let alone sing.
  Now, that being said, I did understand that singing at the nursing homes could mean someday singing in church, I just wasn't aware that that someday was August the 18th. So now I have to pick a different song, learn it, and sing it well in the next two weeks. Nervous? No, not at all...

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt


~JK

[note: my dad's birthday is on the 18th, which is why my mother sneakily told someone that I should sing a special for him that Sunday. So in actuality it was my mom who got me into this. Sneaky, sneaky mom...]