June 19, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #7

[el linkup is here]

I find myself running out of things to talk about. This isn't normal for me! D: 
I'm not the kind of person to snap pictures when I'm having a good time - I usually forget about capturing the moment when I'm stuck in it - which is why I choose not to talk about this or that. I feel like my blog posts are boring without the photos to jazz them up. 
That being said, I probably won't have any pictures for this post. We may both be pleasantly surprised; who knows?

I.  First things first: I'm out of town for the week at my grandparents' house in Ohio! We take trips to Ohio more often than anywhere else out-of-state. As a matter of fact, our last week-long trip was in April.
I'm not complaining. My family's pretty cool. ;)

II.  I made the best chocolate walnut banana bread today, based off Katie's marble banana bread recipe. I was short on supplies (the downside to being away from home) but I made do. Mom and I took a nine o'clock trip to the gas station for chocolate chips and honey. The only time I will ever go out in public looking like a hobo is when I am in dire need.
I was in dire need.

III.  My birthday is next Friday (the 27th), so on Monday my uncles got some family members together and we had a pizza party at the nursing home where my grandma is staying. Uncle Pat made me some carrot cake muffins (my favorite) but, as I mentioned before, I took zero photographs. :p  There were sweet messages written on the inside tops of the pizza boxes that my [absent] cousin Jenny wrote for me and for Grandma.
There was Hawaiian pizza involved... so. much. yum.

IV.  The greatest moment of my week thus far was remembering that the nursing home offers free coffee and hot chocolate.
I went to town on the complimentary beverages the other day. And every day since. Mmmyes. :)

V.  This may quite possibly the most random thing I have to say in this post: I have been led to believe that my skin cannot become tanned. Or bronzed. Or anything but burnt. I have purchased tanning lotion (SPF 4) but no matter how long I lay out or how much sun I get throughout the day, I can. not. tan.
That's probably a good thing, as years from now I'll be less likely to have skin cancer and premature wrinkles, but just once in my life, I would like the experience of having a bronzed complexion.
No one suggest the spray; do not do it. I refuse.

VI.  Since we're on the subject of self-altering appearances; I think I want to dye my hair again. I'm terrified of bleaching it, so I'll probably go for the black/brown I chose last time. I'm indecisive. Maybe I'll just chop it all off and not worry about it...

VII.  I don't know what the deal is, but I have been popping Mentos mints like Dr. House pops Vicodin. (non-House-watchers: Dr. House is a drug addict - Vicodin, in particular).  If I'm bored I don't know what to do with my mouth, I eat them like candy.
I guess they are candies, more or less, so... there's that.
I used to swear by them for curing carsickness. Maybe I have some weird psychological dependence on them?...
Kidding. I am kidding.

VIII.  Not to brag or anything, but I got $45 worth of iTunes cards for my birthday, $13 of which I used to buy Bastille's album. I lauve it. <3

IX.  Honorable mention: I am [once again] obsessed with the DragonVale app. I switched iTunes accounts with my dad (long story short: I can't log into his so I made my own), which means I have to start all over on my new account.
I once had a long list of all my dragons and their names. I currently have five: Chub, Penny, Derp, Fang, and Drake. Much frustration.

QOTD:
What are your favorite pizza topping(s)?
Have you ever tried a spray tan?
Any app suggestions?



~JK

6 comments:

  1. SO glad you got to purchase Bastille's album! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaiian pizza is so good! I never tried spray tan but it seems like a good alternative to skin cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're very right. I'm just a little skeptical of being stuck with an orange complexion. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm pale as a ghost, and while my skin does tan nicely, over the years I've come to find that it just takes too much work to keep up... and that's saying nothing about the whole skin cancer and premature aging thing. I've learned to just rock my paleness :) But have you tried any of the self-tanners out there? St. Tropez makes a really awesome one that won't turn you orange!

    ReplyDelete