May 07, 2014

WIAW #3 ~ Recycled Pics

I'm very good at forgetting. I was all hyped up about my appointment with the eye doctor, I forgot it was Tuesday and I was supposed to be photographing my foods.
Thankfully, I'm a very plain person and I'm able to reuse some photos from last week's What I Ate Wednesday because I eat the same basic foods every day (it's boring, I know).


Breakfast began with a scoop of protein powder, per usual, only this time I used caramel cappuccino mix in place of chai tea. Never will that happen again. Caramel and chocolate do not mix well in my book.






Second breakfast was cottage cheese and an organic Gala apple, topped with cinnamon and almond butter. I also made some more trail mix that I munched on a little bit.
I've been adding new things into my trail mix, but I have yet to find the perfect combination.
By the time I got back from my eye appointment, I was starving (no news there), so I snacked on some more trail mix while making lunch.
Lunch, by the way, was alphabet soup,

salad,


































and cheese and crackers, which I didn't photograph.

For an afternoon snack, I whipped up some chai tea/protein powder because I wasn't particularly hungry, and all I wanted in life was a hot drink.


We had guests over for dinner, so Mom made pepperoni & sausage pizza. In fact, while everyone was eating lunch, she had grain grinding in the Nutrimill. She has a fantastic pizza crust recipe that she uses every time we have people over for dinner. There has only been one time in the history of all times that we haven't had pizza, and that was only because one of our guests had a gluten allergy.














(Those white things on my salad are apple slices. Grandma brought up the idea - it's actually really good!)















For dessert, Mom made a chocolate cake topped with whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and mini chocolate chips.


Normally, I don't like chocolate cake; it has an unbearably dry texture and it's just not enjoyable. But this cake was different. It was moist and decadent and amazing.
My actual reaction:
image: Tumblr
I had a buttload of schoolwork to do, so an evening snack was nonexistent. But I had cake so all is well in the world. 


~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment