May 27, 2014

10 Day You Challenge ~ Day 2

'Tis day two of the 10 Day You challenge!



Day two ~ nine loves

1.  Jesus Christ - I strive to make my Lord and Savior the center of my life; I don't live the ideal Christian life, but I would much rather be here now than to be lost for eternity. God is constantly at work in my life, and I thank him for his never ending forgiveness and grace. Without a doubt, it takes a lot of patience to deal with this girl.

2.  My family - I love my parents, my siblings, and my church family (friends included). I have been immensely blessed to have so many great people in my life and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to call my family.

3.  Sweets - I have a huge sweet tooth. Seriously. I could live off sweet tea, cappuccino, and all kinds of pastries and cakes.
I don't recommend that, of course...

4.  Music - I love alternative music, orchestral music, Celtic music, dance music, and certain contemporary Christian songs. In all honesty, I'm not a music junkie like a lot of people who I know, but I do appreciate the effort and persistence that musicians go into making their magic.

5.  Cooking & baking - both are a stress-reliever for me. I love seeing different ingredients and textures come together to make something incredible (more or less, depending). It gives me a great sense of worth when I make something that other people can enjoy; and what better way to win someone over than to make food? ;)

6.  Photography - there is such beauty in the ability to capture incredible moments in the blink of an eye, and save them for centuries to come. Photography is art, and art is a way of expressing oneself. All of the arts fascinate me; photography is just one of my favorites.

7.  Books - without books, I would probably be in a more stable form of mind because I wouldn't be constantly stressing over the unfortunate events regarding fictional characters...then again, I would be so much less creative and imaginative than I am. Books have helped me learn how to think on my own and to create things of my own, and to escape reality when a temporary escape is necessary.

8.  Travel - the farthest from home I've ever been is 14 hours away at my cousin's house in Mississippi. I love traveling (if I can get past the homesickness), and I long to see the world before my time is up.

9.  The great outdoors - I love being outside. The only time I will refuse to go out is if it's blistering cold (like this last winter. Bleck!) The scent of the fresh air, the sound of the breeze in the trees and the birds chatting amongst one another; everything is very calming.
Sometimes the birds get on my nerves, and the breeze is too cold for comfort, but for the most part I'm happy with being outside.
Funny story: I opted out of wearing sunblock and laid out for an hour. My back and stomach and part of my thigh are all a nice shade of reddish pink. If you share the same pale complexion as I, please wear sunblock and spare yourself the pain.



~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment