June 05, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #5

My apologies for the lack of a TOL last Thursday - I had a long day of finishing a geography essay and catching up on some other schoolwork. *cringe* 

{go here to check out the linkup!}

I.  First and foremost, I have found a new obsession: coconut peanut butter.

Basically, if I could choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, this would be it. Holy mother of all things savory. *salivates like a rabid animal*

II.  Mom and I went shopping and I found some goods at Rue 21. And, as a bonus, all things were on sale.
I can't tell you how many times I've gone shopping and found nothing that really works for me - the success of this shopping trip is a huge deal for me.

III.  My friends - home-schooled and public-schooled alike - are all on summer break.
Me? Well. Because I didn't start freshman year until November 4th, I am not scheduled to complete it until October 4th of this year.
Emotions...
[source]
That being said, there is nothing keeping me from working ahead of schedule and getting caught up. Therefore, I'm doing school through the summer in the hopes of maybe, possibly, somehow starting sophomore year at the same time as everyone else.
Then there's the challenge of getting caught up to the next grade, given as I'm a year behind. Yeesh. Note to past self: DON'T SLACK OFF. 

IV.  Maybe it's because I'm spending most of my day working on school; but for the past few mornings I have had zero motivation to get up. I just want to lie in bed and sleep endlessly. Which sounds really depressive but it's true!

V.  Dance Recital 2014 is next Thursday(!!!). This marks my 11th consecutive year in ballet, and I don't see myself breaking that streak anytime soon. This year's theme is "the whole world dances" and it's really amazing. I'll save the details for another post.

VI.  Time for an extremely random statement: I have been craving cookies lately.
[source: Tumblr]
That, and ice cream. I never ever used to crave ice cream! It's not 'that time' for me so I can't imagine what in the world the pleasure-center of my brain is trying to do to me. All I know is I'm gonna be making a fresh batch of cookies in the very near future.

VII.  Is it possible to be addicted to water?
Don't give me that look. Hear me out first.
I haven't been able to go a day without at least eight cups of H2O; usually more, if you count flavored water. It's like my whole day is thrown off when I don't drink 2 glasses in the morning, and if I don't drink any at night my mouth is so dry in the morning. It's like I depend on water to keep me going throughout the day!
Not in the same way as coffee. Nothing can replace coffee.

VIII.  Speaking of coffee: I have run out of cappuccino mix, and I'm pretty sure Dad drank the last K-cup of Butter Toffee coffee. :'(
Actually, I've been drinking my coffee sweeter than usual. Normally, I like my coffee with a little creamer and nothing else, but I can't seem to get it down without a little sweetener as well. My taste buds change as often as my attitude, I swear.

IX.  My glasses decided to go funky after my second week of owning them... One of the hinges is too tight, and the more I open and closed it, the tighter it got until it wouldn't close anymore.
It literally looks like this:
Which isn't a huge deal, because the other hinge is perfectly fine and opens and closes as easily as ever. Still, it's kinda hard to shove them into a case when one earpiece is sticking out.

X.  I found something out - my last name is allegedly  an "altered spelling of Swiss German Gnaegi or Gnagy."
I'm sincerely hoping that this website isn't rigged because to say that I'm somewhat (even .02%) Swiss German sounds pretty cool, I think.  All I can say for sure is "Kanagys are Southern. We like Southern food." Not to mention, we've counted over 100 in the family, starting with Grandma and Grandpa and ending with my new baby cousin Joshua.
I kid you not. Family reunions are insane. 




~JK

9 comments:

  1. I too LOVE Earth Balance Coconut PB Spread. It's seriously addicting & I find it hard to keep my spoon out of the jar. Haha! I actually just shared a recipe yesterday involving it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been asking my mom for some more because I can't seem to stay out of it either!!

      I'll check out your recipe. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh. I am totally addicted to water! I drink 2 glasses at breakfast, more a lllll day, and I always end up stealing my husband's water at dinner. I always hear how people "struggle to drink enough water" and it is just baffling to me?! I will gladly drink their water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! The only downside is I have to run to the bathroom pretty often. xD

      Delete
    2. haha yes! I think people thing there is something wrong with me ... like that I have IBS or something.

      TMI? Sorry about that :)

      Delete
  3. I think I need to get me some of that peanut/ coconut spread- two of my favourites in one... Genius! I think I'm addicted to water too, don't worry:) I'm known to my friends as the water bottle girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness I'm only just now seeing your comment! D:

      I can't seem to find any more at the discount store, but the ingredients list is basically just peanuts and extra virgin coconut oil - I think it's time to whip up a batch of my own!

      Delete
  4. That coconut peanut butter is THE stuff. So good. And now I want cookies.
    That's actually so great that you're addicted to water. I should hop on that wagon, because I always have trouble hydrating properly. Speaking of which, I'm thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying out healthier cookie recipes and Chocolate-Covered Katie's "World's healthiest chocolate chip cookies" are the. bomb.

      Delete