May 26, 2014

10 Day You Challenge ~ Day 1

I heard about this challenge over on Peanut Butter Fingers, and was interested in giving it a go. 


Day one ~ Ten secrets:

1.  I used to love running. I went through a phase where running was something I did every day (albeit I ran on the treadmill which is twice as easy as running on non-moving ground).
Needless to say, walking is my thing now. After being scared into the dangers of arthritis in the knees, which my mom has, I decided to lower the intensity and switch to walking/biking/swimming/dancing - things that still leave me breathing hard, but with less risk of knee problems in the future.

2.  I used to be in love with Orlando Bloom...
[source: Fanpop]
...particularly William Turner.
Also, before Pirates, I loved him as Legolas in Lord of the Rings.
[source]
I think the long hair was what sold me.  I receive a superabundant amount of teasing from my friends for this. -_-

3.  I still watch America's Next Top Model. The earliest I can remember was cycle 7 in 2006. I was eight years old then, and I vaguely remember the twins, Michelle and Amanda Babin.
Now, I've started watching ANTM Girls and Guys (cycle 20). Yikes; either I remember very little or the show has changed a lot since I last watched. They're all a lot more risque than I recall...

4.  I took acting/modeling classes with a company called Barbizon, back in 2012. Less than halfway through the classes, I determined that modeling was not something I was interested in ($3,000 too late). I finished the classes and have since never received any jobs.
I haven't auditioned for anything since then, either, which could be the underlying cause of my current unemployment.

5.  I used to put strawberry syrup on my scrambled eggs. Don't knock it 'til you try it; it's delicious, I tell you. I can't recall when exactly I stopped eating them that way, but that was my favorite thing ever for a very long time. That and Reese's Puffs.

6.  I hoard my favorite foods. I have one shelf in our little cabinet full of my stash of nut butters, Luna bars, cappuccino sample packets, and a bunch of odds and ends that aren't really worth mentioning, but are worth being hidden from the rest of my family.
I'm prepping for the day I have a house-mate and we have to label our own foods so that the other doesn't devour it. (I'm talking to you, Kaylee)  ;)

7.  I pre-write all of my blog posts. There has almost never been a time where I've written up a post and immediately published it. I have an actual waiting list of drafts that are just waiting for the right day to roll around for them to become public.
I doubt that's an abnormal thing, but I'm running out of secrets and you'll have to excuse me.

8.  I slept with a teddy bear until I was a teenager. Not just any old teddy bear. My most beloved, favorite teddy bear George. I received this teddy bear for my second Valentine's Day (Mother has confirmed this - I don't actually remember); I literally could not sleep without him until I was 13 and decided "enough of this, I'm a big girl now!"
Worst decision ever. But I've since recovered from the trauma and sadly have no clue where George is now.

9.  Whenever I got scared at night, I would sleep on my parents' bedroom floor. I was never a squeeze-in-the-bed-with-mom-and-dad kid, I was always about sneaking into the room with my bedding in tow, shaking Mom awake, and curling up on the floor. Eventually, by the time I was ten or eleven, Dad put his foot down and I haven't slept on their floor since.

10.  This is such an evil secret... prepare yourselves:
I used to pinch my baby brother's legs to make him cry. I can't explain why in the world I was so cruel, but before he had the incentive (read: ability) to speak for himself, I would pinch him once or twice, wait for him to cry, calm him down, then repeat.
I think I was training myself on how to react in a situation where the baby starts crying. Of course, when I'm an actual mother I'll keep the pinching to a minimum...
Gosh, I was mean.

That is all. Day one is complete; you can expect more from me in the days to come. :)


~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment