August 28, 2014

Venting ~ Thinking Out Loud #13

Happy Thursday!
[more info here]
I'm fairly sure that every TOL post I've ever written has had something to do with school.
I would like to apologize - yes, I am a professional complainer (if only that was a paying occupation...) and over the years I have become somewhat of a pessimist. I am working on it, I really am, but sometimes - such as on this blog - I have to be honest and vent a bit. And when I say "a bit" I mean pour out all my heart and soul in a few paragraphs. 


I.  I have officially begun 10th grade. I'm still in my first week, so I'm not entirely sure whether to be excited or completely terrified... I have new teachers, the website has a new layout, and - while I don't have to suffer with Algebra II just yet - I have to power through Geometry. 
Personally, I didn't think Geometry was that hard when I was doing book work for pre-Alg, but this is not eighth grade. This is the real deal now. Jesus, take the wheel.
(This describes my educational life perfectly):
[source]
II.  Every day, I write down a to-do list for the day, with two categories entitled "school" and "not school." The "school" side, more often than not, has more tasks listed than my general tasks. When I was little, I was told "it'll get easier," by many people. I think by "it" they meant "what you're doing now" not "the gorilla you're gonna have to face in the next 10+ years" because this is not at all easier. No sir.

III.  I mentioned last week that I got moved up to advanced in both ballet and pointe. Still not sure if it's all a dream or reality... either way, classes begin early September. I'm so beyond ready.

IV.  As you may already know (and I really hope you do), October follows September, and autumn begins in October; therefore, I have a great many things to look forward to as well as new dance classes!
I poetically stated my love of autumn in a letter to a friend, but I can't remember my exact words. Something about the smells and the trees...basically, autumn is my favorite season and I'm almost as excited for it as I am for ballet. 

V.  Fun fact: it's Thursday and I'm only just now writing up this post. #procrastination at its finest. (sorry Amanda, I promise I'll remember someday!)

VI.  Our garden has become overrun with grass. Not weeds, but grass. So I decided on a whim to spend an hour and a half pulling up as much grass as I could and in return I received the thanks of my mother, and three nasty water blisters on the inside of one of my fingers.
Word of advice: never. pick. blisters. Take a needle and poke a small hole, just large enough to extract the fluid, and wrap it up with a nice bandage. Do NOT pick at it under ANY circumstances. Lesson learned.

VII.  My entire immediate family has caught the flu virus. We have all been sniffling and wheezing since sometime last week, but believe it or not, I'm not bothered because I held up for a good three and a half days before catching it myself.
That being said, I haven't been doing much in order to make myself feel better, so I may be the last person to recover completely. Such is what they call 'karma'. Another word of advice: don't gloat when you happen to be the only one in your family who is healthy. It'll come around and bite you in the butt. Hard.

VIII.  Speaking of bites in the butt, this guy is my all-time favorite YouTube storyteller/short film creator. I watch a lot of YouTube (especially considering I'm kind of under the weather), and let me tell you, this dude will brighten up your day no matter what kind of horrible you're feeling.
Also, if you like illustrated stories, read Hyperbole and a Half. It hasn't been updated since October of last year, but you can fish around and find some hilarious content! [My favorites are 'the god of cake' and 'wolves'].

IX.  I really enjoy writing more personal, heart-to-heart posts when the appropriate time arises. No schedule, no outline (let's be honest, I never have an outline), no tools or tricks, rules or regulations. Just me, the keyboard, my innermost thoughts and this blog. The kind of things that really need their own posts.
That being said, I have a semi-emotional post coming up that I'm gonna need some feedback on. Because I need advice.
Let's not forget, I am still a baby both in blogging and in heart. More the former than the latter because I like to think I'm a warrior goddess at heart but we'll touch on that some other time.


Thanks for reading! Join in on the fun! :)



~JK

4 comments:

  1. oh i hated geometry with a passion when i was at school! i feel your pain there, i would like to say it gets easier but truthfully its just different and still complicated. plus side is you might never use geometry in real life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man I sure hope not. But if I do end up having to use it, I hope it's not quite as confusing by that point!

      Delete
  2. Going through tenth grade right now ( Australian terms) and it's not as bad as I feared, I hope you enjoy it... As much as possible😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! Good luck to you as well. :)

      Delete