September 04, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #14

Happy Thursday! :)
[more info here]


I. You know me; I always always always have to put something up about school: Monday was the first time I have ever encountered a flux within the new school system...
Allow me to elaborate: after completing my History quiz, I noticed a few questions were marked incorrect - ones I was positive I answered correctly. I maneuvered my way through previous lessons and scanned over my notes; sure enough, all but two of the answers marked as incorrect were in fact correct, judging by the coursework and my trusty notes.
I sent my teacher a message and let him know that there was a glitch in the system. Thankfully, he corrected the answers that needed to be corrected - all is well. Except now I'm anxious about any future quizzes. 

II.  I have made a new discovery this week: I like eggs again. I never mentioned this, but there was a time when I despised eggs, after years of being obsessed with them. It's kind of strange how my body works, almost like it's on a schedule... "we can only like *insert food here* for x-amount of time, then we hate it. No reason. It's just how we do things" says the body. 
Why am I a maniac?

III.  Lately, I've been reading this book 
...I found it in the adult fiction section of my library and, although there are numerous swear words, I am amazed by the Frenchman who wrote it. Yes, it has been translated and therefore edited from the original (I can't read French, yet) but I am in love. If you can get past the profanity and such, you realize this guy's a literary genius.

IV.  I've had my mind set on reading Game of Thrones, but judging by the television series, I'm not 100% sure I should. I'm still working on Night Shift by Stephen King; I'll see how I feel after that.

V.  Last night while I was stretching, I popped my hip - which isn't new; I pop a lot of my joints - but this time, I think I may have done something wrong. My right hip flexor has been in on-again-off-again pain since it happened!
(FYI, these guys are the hip flexors):
[source]
Not a good injury to have right before ballet starts... 

VI.  Oh yeah, pointe classes start up today [!!!!!!!!!] My new shoes seem to be holding up pretty well thus far, except there's a lot of extra space at the heel that I'm worried about. Don't want my heel slipping out in the middle of class. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

VII.  New obsession: peanut butter + cold cereal.
Oh ma gawsh, how have I gone so long not knowing that this was a possibility?? I reserved peanut butter for hot cereal - aka oatmeal - when I could have been doing this

VIII.  I've started taking daily morning/evening walks up and down my road, and the other day I met these guys:
I used to be positively fanatical about horses; now I've more or less calmed down about it, but I cannot be expected to pass on by these guys. Just look at that face!
;D

IX.  A fantastic life hack I read about on Pinterest is - ladies, you're gonna love this one - using baby oil in place of shaving cream. I tell ya, baby oil blows all shaving creams out of the water! I highly, highly recommend using it next time you want some really nice, baby-butt-like legs.

X.  Speaking of Pinterest...I'm currently obsessing over all the autumn/winter recipes. Ooh boy, it's gonna be tough staying healthy this holiday season.


Join in on the fun! :D


~JK

1 comment:

  1. My life became complete when I started adding almond butter to my cold cereals and yogurt messes. So.freaking.GOOD. Now whenever someone tells me that cereal isn't filling, I just tell them that they're doing it wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete