July 31, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #11

Happy Thursday!  :D


I.  I received an 83.7% on my final English I exam, which I was kind of surprised about. My final score for the entire course was 91.98 - ssssooo close to a 92. >.<
My final exam for Geography is now open for me to take, but I have a mini-essay to finish before I take it. Personal preference and all; I don't like completing a unit without having ALL the projects done. 

II.  Sad news aside: my Penny skateboard came in the mail last week [!!!!] Meet "Kamikaze":

I had the chance to ride it at the airport in town, on the bike path where the terrain is mostly smooth. I managed to fall off once, trying to accelerate a bit too abruptly.
Remember, kids, if you start losing your balance, do not lean backward. Kamikaze shot out from underneath me and proceeded to roll away as I plummeted to the ground. I was wearing long jeans, so I was left with nothing more than a nice bluish-green bruise and a patch of missing skin. The bruise is still there. Yippee. 

III.  My little brother has been learning how to ride his skateboard as well. Only, he weighs less than a grasshopper and can barely keep the thing moving. He wiped out on his first day too, and claims he needs knee pads and elbow pads and "all that stuff."
I told him to suck it up. A great big sister, I am. 

IV.  I finished painting my bedroom! The lime green is gone...
oi...
...and is now replaced with pale blue on two walls...
my little windowside workspace
...and cream/nude/tan on the other two walls.
a quote by John Muir
I moved all of my furniture (except for the closet doors) and primed and painted everything all on my own. If that's nothing to be proud about, I give up. I think I deserve a personal pat on the back for pulling and shoving my giant loft bed - as well as a full desk - from one end of the room to the other. *discreetly flexes biceps*

V.  The county fair was a little disappointing this year. Or, should I say, my visit to the county fair was a little disappointing.
I planned to meet up with my friend (who was crowned Jr. Leader Ambassador!) but she had to help judge a cow/pig/goat show; we only got 15 minutes together and afterward got less than half an hour to walk around and observe two of the many buildings that held the attractions and such before she had to get ready for the horse show.
We got free popcorn, which was nice, but overall I was upset that I didn't get to spend more time with her.

VI.  ...But, Kaylee and Kennedi's fair was incredible! Theirs was about four times larger than mine, and there were more rides to go on and attractions to marvel over. Also, I guess there were some South African guys working the rides. If that's not super cool I don't know what is!
[source]
I almost fell off the 'ring of fire' because there were no shoulder-holders, just the kind that latches over your lap.
Imagine: feeling yourself gradually slide backward off the seat, as you're hurled upside down, however many feet in the air, with just one bar across your thighs keeping you alive. That was arguably the scariest experience of my life.

VII.  I have Pinterest now. Follow me if ya like; if ya don't like, then, well, I understand. I suppose.
Now I can pin [er, re-pin?] all the other bloggers' stuff! :D
TRUTH.


VIII.  I completed the 1,000 squat challenge by Blogilates[!!!]  If you complete it, let me know! I spent all day yesterday gloating about it because I was so proud of myself. Frankly, I still am but I won't go so far as to brag any more than I already have. Just try it. It'll hurt so badly the day after, trust me.

IX.  Speaking of physical exertion and such, dance sign-ups are coming up on the 13th! So pumped for this next dance year. I mentioned awhile back that I was working towards getting moved up into the Advanced Ballet class.
I'm still waiting for results (they're posted in the studio as we speak I type!). I've been back and forth all summer; being super confident that I'll be selected, then the next moment being incredibly discouraged. Either way, another year of ballet is coming soon!  :D

X.  I am still mildly in love with coffee. Put it this way: if I never land myself a man to call my soul mate, coffee can totally take his place. [not really. I need the lovin']
Jokes aside, I have been experimenting with different flavors and add-ins, my favorite combo being: just under 8 oz. medium brew coffee + about 2 Tablespoons no-sugar-added cocoa mix + a heaping spoonful of caramel cappuccino + 4 oz. hot water.
Another favorite that doesn't involve coffee, but coffee creamer: 1 packet chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials (the kind with no added sugar) + a little over 1 Tablespoon peppermint mocha creamer + 8 oz. hot water. I need to try adding some coffee to this one, to make it even more delightful.

As for now, I have a Geography essay to finish and an Algebra quiz to take. I'm truckin' right along...



~JK

2 comments:

  1. Okay... your coffee creation with the cocoa and cappuccino sounds -amazing-. Definitely puts my Americano to shame. And are you -serious- about that ride not offering anything to strap you in!? That's terrifying! I definitely would have been freaking out.

    Oh! And I love the colours you painted your room with -- such a gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack; I don't know HOW I missed this comment! D:

      There was a lap-strap, but no shoulder straps! I was trembling like mad afterward; but we all made it out alive. ;)

      Delete