May 31, 2014

10 Day You Challenge ~ Day 6


I came to the realization (much too late, obviously) that I have been doing this entire challenge backwards.
See, a normal person would look at the picture below, upon which the name of the numbered days are highlighted, and say "okay, on day one, I post one picture of myself; on day two, I post two songs..." but me? What do I do? I look at the picture and say, "ah, I get it, it's a countdown!"
Maybe I've been doing it right and it is a countdown. Hmm. I'll probably never know. Either way, day six, here I come!


Gosh, just five foods?...this is gonna be over way too quickly. How about we change 'five foods' into 'five combinations'?

1.  Various cereals and vanilla soymilk

For the longest time, I have been having at least two different cereals in one bowl. I can't remember when the last time was that I ate just one kind of cereal at one time...
Call me crazy, but it's the way of life. I am a cereal person and shall be forevermore.

2.  Cottage cheese, sliced banana, and cinnamon
[I'm well aware these are apple slices...]
A classic fave of mine. I've been obsessing over cottage cheese for a good while now, pairing it with different fruits, and bananas seem to be the winner for this combo. I've been told that apple butter is pretty good with it as well, but I haven't had the chance to try that one just yet.

3.  Rice cakes and coconut peanut butter

I cannot get over how incredible this coconut peanut butter is(!!!!). I was skeptical about it at first because Mom's good at finding weird things at the scratch & dent store; but I kid you not, as weird as it sounds(/looks), it. is. so. delicious.

4.  Ry Krisp crackers and homemade hummus
I found the crakers at (you guessed it) the scratch & dent store. I heard Amanda talking about them in one post and when I saw a box on the shelves, I decided to give it a go. Same as the rice cakes; I had never tried those before, either!
Personally, I don't like them very well plain, but they are perfect with some homemade hummus.

5.  Chai tea and cocoa powder
You know me; I loooooooove me some hot beverage in the early morning hours. I ran out of chocolate protein powder, so I've been subbing it with Carnation Breakfast Essentials chocolate powder, or hot cocoa mix. Either one does the job just fine.

That is all for today. Return tomorrow for day seven, if you so desire. If not, you suck.
I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But seriously. I'll love you forever and a day! <3 <3 <3  ;)



~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment