June 12, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #6

Wow. 
This week has been crazy. 

Note: I started this post on Monday, because I knew how busy I would be throughout the week. So here is my Thinking Out Loud Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-and-Thursday post for this week.
{el linkup is HERE}

I.  To kick off this post, I'm going to admit something very very important: I have found a cure for allergies/colds.
I say "cure," I mean "temporary treatment."  Take 1 teaspoon of raw, local honey (if you can get your hands on some), and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix it up, eat it, and be amazed with the results.
I come down with allergies every year, at least twice. And they aren't the kind of allergies that go away within a few days; no, this is the prevalent sickness that leaves me bedridden and miserable off and on for weeks. See, I think I've recovered, so then I go back to my regular routine of daily walks, doing the dishes, tidying my room - normal, everyday physical exertion - then those allergies decide to sneak back up on me.
This honey-and-cinnamon thing seems to be working pretty well for me, though! Granted, I've gone through the number of Kleenexes that are supposed to last a week and have only lasted me a couple of hours.

II.  I mentioned last week that my 2013-2014 dance recital is coming up this Thursday (at the time this post is published). I could go on and on about how nostalgic I'm feeling. The smell of hairspray and pounds of makeup; the laughter of 4 year old girls in tutus; the feedback of the sound system on the first day of rehearsals; the brain farts all-around, forgetting half the dances; shedding tears during the final finale...My list of dance recital loves is neverending.

III.  One of my best-dance-friends, Hannah, is graduating next year. *tear*
[photo creds to Hannah's Mom]
I love this girl so much. We haven't been in the same ballet class for a whole year now, and I'm determined to make it into the advanced ballet class next year so that I can spend her last year with her.

IV.  I'm probably going to stay on the subject of the dance recital for the next four ToL posts...
Anyways. This is what happens when one puts one's hair up into a ballet bun and proceeds to spray it with multiple layers of mega-hold hairspray. And then brushes it all out...
much volume...

V.  Turns out, the 12 year old tap girls are better than some of the 18 year old tap girls. It makes me want to-- I dunno, kick a cat or whatever that morbid phrase is.
Their little costumes look like peacocks, and they're dancing to Calling All the Monsters. A strange combination, but I. love. it.

VI.  Okay, we're almost off the subject of dance. I promise. My best friends Kaylee and Kennedi are coming to spend the night after tomorrow's performance. Yee! As wild as it sounds, we're sleeping in the bed of the truck (which, regardless of its name, is not as cozy as a real bed). We're going to fill it with huge bundles of comforters and pillows, and cuddle up as platonic lovers.

VII.  As for whatever little free time I have, I spend it revising a novelette that I finished writing two years ago. 'Tis a 21st century spinoff of Alice in Wonderland that I was originally going to make into a web series or a short film, but my number one goal at this point is to fix all grammatical errors and eventually  get it published.
It's amazing how much I sucked at writing two years ago, regardless of what my parents told me.

VIII.  VBS is this weekend - that was the absolute highlight of my childhood. Last year I worked in the nursery and watched a little girl whom I haven't seen since. I miss the days of sing-along songs with cheesy motions and crappy 90s video effects.

IX.  My coffee addiction has gotten better. My cookie addiction has not.
I made some "healthy" chocolate-peanut-butter-chip cookies adapted from this recipe.
Holy cannoli. You must try it out!

That is all I have for you this week. 
Do I get brownie points for remembering to link up, in the midst of my immense busy-ness? 
;)



~JK

4 comments:

  1. Whether it works or not, I'd be down to try the honey and cinnamon combo! I don't have terrible allergies, but I adore both of those things and I'll jump on any reason to get more in my life :D And let's not even talk about my cookie AND ice cream addiction. It's not pretty... but it IS delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a soft spot for both cookies & cream and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I guess that counts!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that cookie recipe has to happen. I've limited myself to one cup of coffee per day so I'm counting that as a success ;) Although if it's offered for free I won't say no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the same person. I tried limiting myself to one cup of coffee per day but with the dance recital happening this week I've been needing an extra boost. I'm always down for a good coffee. ;)

      Delete