May 14, 2014

WIAW #3

Ahh, Wednesday, we meet again. 
I tried to come up with exactly how many Wednesdays I've seen in my 15 and 3/4 years of life...let's just stick with 'a lot'. There have been a lot.


Sob story: I used up all my protein powder and chai tea mix. And, to make matters worse, I'm almost out of caramel cappuccino mix! On top of that, I thought my dad had a great stash of latte powder but all I could find was two containers of pumpkin spice, which is not my favorite.
I think this calls for a trip to the Amish store and Whole Foods.

Anyways. On to my eats:

For pre-breakfast (?) I had a cup of caramel cappuccino.
I'm considering making the switch to English toffee or maybe going back to chocolate raspberry. I can't decide; the caramel is pretty dang good, and I don't know if I want to give it up just yet.
a recycled photo of my precious, before it was almost empty   :(
I know what you're thinking (just kidding, I have no idea): "why is this child drinking coffee?"
Turns out, I really like the taste. I haven't been able to acquire a taste for black coffee, but I have gotten to the point now where, if the creamer is flavored, I don't need to add sugar. I can't pour in mounds of plain ol' dairy-free powder and drink it without some form of sweetener, but the sugar that's already in the flavored kinds of creamer is enough sweet for me.

The bitter aftertaste is something I actually like, oddly enough. Some people hate it, some people love it. I am in the latter group...
Which is why I don't hold out much hope for myself in the future. I'll probably end up being a stay-at-home, unemployed college dropout who drinks only water and coffee and eats nothing but Luna bars and cottage cheese.

Breakfast was basic: cereal and soy milk.

I tried Kashi's Autumn Wheat cereal for the first time; I can't say it's as deliciously flavorful as I was hoping, but it's not bad at all. As for the Fiber One bran cereal, I have been in love with that stuff since day one. You'd think bran cereal would be boring and tasteless, but it's actually really good; it's easy enough to pair it with another cereal if you don't like its flavor alone.

Admittedly, I miss the sugary cereal I used to eat as a little kid. Reese's Puffs, Frosted Wheat, Cocoa Krispies, Apple Jacks...the list goes on. I like the cereal I eat now, but I get jealous sometimes when my younger brothers and sister chow down on my old favorites and I'm stuck with the "healthy" stuff.
I guess there's nothing stopping me from eating the sugary, additive-laden, dye-filled cereals that I once lived off of, but I'm afraid I'll become addicted once again. When you get hooked on Reese's Puffs, that is a deep dark hole of obsession you'll be stuck in for a long time. Believe me.

Lunch was simple:
Salad and a sandwich.
Tuna, homemade hummus, baby spinach, & mustard on multi-seed bread; leaf & romaine lettuce with soy nuts, sunflower seeds, and Italian dressing.

I made another little salad (topped with craisins and parched corn) after devouring the first one.

We had a pretty late breakfast; therefore, we had a pretty late lunch. I stayed satisfied for a good while.
Unfortunately, it was rainy and I couldn't lay out and work on my tan. We fair-skinned folk suffer more than those with Mexican/Indian complexions. I have tried every summer, to no avail, to obtain the "bronzed beach babe" look. Basically: I burn, which either fades into baby pink, or into a very very very faint brownish.

To take away from my sorrows, I read a little HP...

...and made one of my favorite no-bake recipes.
I snacked on some of the batter before and after it was finished. Whoops. #sorrynotsorry

Honorable mention:
Last Thursday, I mentioned a product that I loved and was going to buy copious amounts of. I went to Walgreens the other day and stocked up on more Wyler's water-flavoring packets.
Lemonade, pink lemonade, and iced tea with peach; all top-notch flavors. (Strawberry lemonade is still my favorite).

For Dinner I had one of my favorites:
baked sweet potato wedges, steamed corn with peppers & black beans, homemade hummus, and cottage cheese.
I went for YEARS not knowing how good sweet potatoes are. No one else in my family adores them as much as I do, which leaves plenty for me to eat. Mom is gracious and agrees to buy them because I go through phases where I eat them as if they're the only things keeping me alive.

For a post-dinner snack, I had some stove-popped popcorn with sour cream & onion powder. Not solid sour cream and ground onion...but powdered sour cream & onion. Should've been more clear on that one.





Thanks for stopping by for this week's WIAW! Tune in next week and I may have a more diverse diet by then.
(Probably not)

See ya soon ;)








~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment