May 08, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #2

Thursdays are my almost-favorite. Fridays are my favorite-favorite, but Thursday is the day that leads up to Friday. Plus, on Thursdays I get to ramble on about all the stuff I've had rattling around in my brain for the whole week. ;)


I.  I bought some new specs! I went in to the eye doctor on Tuesday for a check-up. I'm going to start driving in late June - after my birthday - so Dad took me in to get checked out and to get some new glasses. The ones I've had are ages old and I hate how they look on me.
I found some really nice Calvin Klein frames that I think look quite nice on me. [Pics to follow when I actually get them]

II.  I mentioned last week that House has appeared on Netflix. Now Mom and I are both hooked. Or, should I say, re-hooked? I've been skimming through the seasons, and I have yet to find a favorite.


so...


much...


House.

III.  If I haven't hinted toward it enough, I have been avoiding going outdoors lately. The weather is perfection, but our house is enclosed on either side with fields.
Feilds = crops.
Crops = fertilizer.
Fertilizer = smelly air.
Smelly air = smelly people.
You can't tell that the air has been intoxicated with manure until someone is exposed to it for a time...believe me, when they come back in the house, you can tell they've either been rolling around in a compost pile, or they've been playing outside.
Unless they're hiding something (and hiding it really well), I don't think my little brothers have been rolling in the compost lately.
This is incredibly disheartening because - as I said before - the weather is perfection. In fact, we're supposed to be in the upper 70s for the remainder of this week! I may just have to take multiple showers per day, because I cannot miss out on this glorious warmth for much longer.*

* I went outside for two hours the other day, which sparked a revolution in my soul. I have yet to break the streak of playing outside for hours upon hours a day. If I disappear from the blog world for awhile, you know where I'll be.

IV.  I went to Walgreens the other day, and there was a huge supply of water flavoring packets on sale. I have been searching for a good lemonade flavor, because the kind my dad gets is nasty. SO I came across this:

oh. my. lanta. It is wonderful. I'm never going back to the Wal-Mart brand of lemonade packets; I am all about the Wyler's now. Watch as I buy 800 more packages because they're that tasty. You literally can't even tell they're sugar free.

V.  This isn't really 'news' per-say, but I re-determined that I am the most awkward person when we have people over at our house.
Literally, I'll sit in silence, nod occasionally, laugh when an amusing remark is voiced; but if anyone asks me my opinion on something (besides "how are you?") I sweat and turn red in the face...in short, it's not good. I don't have the worst form of social anxiety but I'm sure as heck not anywhere near outgoing. I'm working on it.

VI.  My best friend since forever (Emily) is turning eighteen in twelve days! I have known her for nearly sixteen years, literally since the day I was born.

throwback to 2011
 In addition, my best friend since 2010 (Kennedi) is turning seventeen in two days! Basically, we're all getting older and it's mortifying. The real world comes so quickly.

fetus Kennedi aww :)


VII.  I bought a skateboard awhile back, when it was still bitter cold and miserable, and I have yet to master the thing. I'm actually getting really frustrated with myself because I have a low tolerance for pain, I've fallen off once, and I'm terrified of riding it now.
I can't complain because a friend of mine dislocated her shoulder. I didn't even break skin when I fell. Let's just take a moment to realize what a wimp I am...

Questions:

~ Are you loving the weather where you live?
~ Have you ever been a fan of flavored water?
~ What House episode is your favorite? (I'm flipping through them, so suggestions are very welcome!)
~ What are some tips on joyride skateboarding? (I'm not big on tricks)

Thanks for joining this week's Thinking Out Loud - I hope you come back for the next one! :)



~JK

 

1 comment:

  1. It snowed here a few days ago, so let's just say that I'm not a huge fan of the weather right now. The snow is gone, but tit's still not quite as warm as I'd like it to be. Hopefully it won't be too much longer because I could really use some time outside in the sun -- I'm starting to glow in the dark here!

    ReplyDelete