May 12, 2014

Weekend Highlights {2/5} ~ Penny Boards and Ice Cream


This Saturday was my best friend Kennedi's seventeenth year of life. 

(photo credit to Kaylee)
[Side note: this photograph was taken much earlier in the year, when it was less warm and delightful.]

I spent the weekend an hour and a half away at the Koozers' house, which has basically become my second home over the last four-or-so years. 
In celebration of Kennedi being alive for so long, we all took Friday off schoolwork (praise Jesus) and hung out in the front yard most of the time.

Friday 
Kaylee, Kennedi, and I practiced riding our skateboards. They both own Penny skateboards, whereas I have a $40 Kryptonics Torpedo that I purchased from K-Mart. It was a really nice day, so we spent most of our time outside - particularly in the later hours of the afternoon, when Johanna and Deborah were supposed to arrive. We waited two hours longer than was anticipated. I was very miffed. 
Once they arrived, we Penny boarded (er, Kryptonics boarded, in my case) up and down the driveway for a good while before returning to the cool indoors for dinner.

After dinner, we went out for ice cream and went boarding in the park. You would not believe how slow I was on that skateboard. My frustration increases ever more at the thought of my piteousness. I was quite pathetic, honestly. 
(Photo credit to Mrs. Koozer)
The ice cream was delicious though. All sore feelings aside, the ice cream really hit the spot. Chocolate chip cookie dough will forever be my number one. <3

After ice cream, we went to get some Jones soda, which I had never tasted. Praise be to he who manufactures this product because holy wow, it was good.
The downside, however, was that it was almost 11 o'clock at night and I was expectant of a caffeine burst to keep me awake for the even later earlier hours, but alas, I ended up dozing off multiple times near the end of The Decoy Bride.

After the movie was over, we switched to Marriage Boot Camp...
I have nothing to say about that. 'Twas the typical reality show. Shouting, fists flying, loads of bleeping, and security got involved when one lady brought out a kitchen knife. But everything's more intriguing at one in the morning.

Saturday
For Kennedi's "actual" birthday, we spent the majority of the morning boarding on the driveway again. We were given the tragic news that we would all (Johanna, Deborah, and myself) be leaving at three o'clock that afternoon. I was hoping for a time closer to 9 PM or later...but that doesn't usually work out anyway.
We left home around one, Kennedi's boyfriend in tow, and signed up for a drawing for Pulse Festival tickets. We got enough for all of us, plus a few others, and left the building less than half an hour later. 
We then went back to the park for more skateboarding, then moped around for a good 45 minutes before Johanna and Deborah's parent came to retrieve us. Dad was already waiting at Johanna and Deborah's house upon our arrival, but he took a decent time chatting amongst the other adults so my time there was lengthened for a bit.

from left: Johanna, Kennedi, Deborah, Kaylee, Janessa
(photo credit to Mrs. Koozer)
This weekend was incredible. I don't get to see my out-of-town friends very often, so it was a real pleasure to get to spend a couple of days in their glorious presence. I could go on and on about how much I adore them, but I'll keep it short for all other readers' sake. ;)

(Photo credit to Kaylee)
Just look at this girl! It's no surprise she's the only one in our friend group with a significant other. 





~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment