June 29, 2014

Spill it, Sundays #3

Did I really miss last week's linkup?
*heavy sigh* I refuse to give up. Someday I WILL remember before 10 o'clock at night.

[more info here]
This week's topic was a toughie! I'm not one for being able to spout out fact upon random fact; it was fun though, don't get me wrong!

I'm changing this up a bit and putting my selfie at the start of the post:

Now you can visualize this ever-so-gorgeous face reading this post to you. *insert cheesy grin emoji here*

Five facts about your family: 
1. I come from an all-American, mostly southern family. On my dad's side there are over 100 total children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and in-laws stemming out from those. 
2. I am the oldest in my immediate family, but I have always (I kid you not; I mean always) wanted an older brother/sister. I have no experience with either, so I don't know which would be better...I'm kinda leaning towards brother, because my sister drives me nuts and I don't know if I could handle another one.
3. I am the only child (in my immediate family) who has not been adopted. I wish I could say I have foreign brothers and sister, but they all come from America. As a matter of fact, they all come from the same state we currently reside in. I love them; but I think African brothers and an Asian sister would be pretty awesome. 
4. My parents are the shortest of all their siblings, in both families. 
Every one of my aunts and uncles are tall. Some of them have shrunk a little with age (their words, not mine!) but 5'10 for Dad and 5'5 for Mom is pretty much average. 
For the record, I am almost 5'6. I give myself some extra points for managing to grow a quarter of an inch this past year.
5. Most - if not all - of my personal talents and interests are genetically inclined. I guess coming from a family of 100+ that's kind of expected, but there is not one person in the whole Kanagy clan who has an original career/hobby. At least, not to my knowledge...Maybe there is. Don't take my word for it!

Five facts about your childhood:
1. I grew up in a little house that I'm still incredibly nostalgic about. It is located roughly two and a half minutes from my current home; I drive by it every time I go into town. All of Mom's home videos of Little Janessa are filmed at that house. Such memories. 
2. My mom babysat my best friend Emily and her brother David almost every day up until Emily (two years older than David) started Kindergarten. Ultimately, that made them my brother and sister because even after they stopped coming on a regular basis, they would randomly show up on my doorstep sometimes. Emily and I are pretty tight, even now after 16 years. :)
3. I was always a Mama's girl. Up until the age of I-can't-remember-how-old (let's just say 11), I was the clingiest, shyest child you would ever meet. I was afraid to go to my best friends' houses for more than half a day because I couldn't stand being away from my mommy. 
I'm still kind of like that. I love her a lot; but I can handle being away from home for a week (nine days, tops). I'm still working on the whole homesickness thing...
4. I used to be super girly. I wouldn't wear anything but dresses, I loved having my hair long and wavy, I had a dozen or more Barbie dolls, my bedroom was bubblegum pink, I loved everything with hearts and flowers and bug-eyed, fluffy animals. That kind of girly.
5. A lot of the foods I hated then, I love now. Salad, sweet potatoes, Cheerios, coffee, brussels sprouts...

Five facts about you + school:
1. no. 2. no. 3. no. 4. no. 5. no.
...Sorry.
Forreal:
1. I'm home-schooled.
2. I should be a junior this upcoming year.
3. I fell behind back in the sixth grade.
4. I have yet to take that darned pre-SAT.
5. I really wish I could skip high school and go straight to college with all the knowledge required. Ugh.

Five facts about you +travel:
1.
2. want
3. to
4. go
5. everywhere.
The farthest I've gone from home is Mississippi. That was a 14 hour drive (torture, I tell you); I've only been in a plane on one occasion (er, three separate planes, for this one occasion) and I barely remember anything. I do remember getting motion sickness medication so I wouldn't throw up everywhere...

Five facts about your eating style: 
1. I didn't know eating had a style...if you mean habits, I'm not a super picky eater, but I know what I don't like, and I won't force myself to eat it unless I'm absolutely famished (or if someone's life depends on it, but that's pretty extreme).
2. I eat everything. All the time. Every day. No matter what.
[source]

3. If I find a food I really like, I eat it all the time, obsessively. I kid you not, I will eat it every day until I'm sick of it and can't stand to eat it ever again. Then, after a couple of months, the cycle begins again.
4. I get strange cravings sometimes, of things that I don't usually even like (onion rings and pickles for example). If anyone can tell me why, you get virtual love for ever. 
Hormones don't count, by the way.
5. I'm one of "those people" who like to photograph their food when they go out. I mean, come on, if my food comes out looking like a masterpiece done by Michelangelo, of course I'm gonna take a picture of it!
Sometimes I take pictures of my salad too. Not because it's pretty. Just because it's tasty.


I mean it. One day I am going to link up at an appropriate time, for more than one week in w row.


~JK

2 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued that you are homeschooled- I've admittingly never met anyone who has been!

    Food. Eat. It. All. My personal motto ;) You don't like pickles?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going through a phase now where pickles are really nice if I'm in the mood for something salty. Otherwise, no, pickles aren't my thing. :p

      Delete