April 27, 2014

Weekend Highlights


Friday
Nothing super out of the ordinary happened until the evening. One of my closest friends Emily chauffeured me to a local high school production of Alice in Wonderland. We got there ten minutes late, and on top of that it took us ages to figure out where we were supposed to enter. Unfamiliar high school buildings are very intimidating, no matter the size. 
The play was good; Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies and I'm kind of persnickety about it. Also, I'm an extreme critic of stage productions in general - not just the acting (which I suck at), but the writing as well (which I like to think I'm good at). I determined that in general, girls are much more awkward with acting foolish than guys are. I'm not slamming guys for that; I love funny people! All-around silliness seems forced and unrealistic for girls, but for guys it's natural and genuinely hilarious. that being said, my favorite characters were portrayed by males. The knight and the March Hare were my most-favorites.
As far as writing goes; some parts were much better than others. Overall, it was cute and I knew two people which made it even more enjoyable.

Saturday
I worked at an elephant ear stand from 4 PM to 7 PM, raising money to go to camp in the summer. After my shift was over, Emily and a couple of her friends picked me up, and we went to another school play called The Fantasticks. Some of my friends were in it which was great; I've seen them perform before a few times and they are incredible. The one reason I would ever want to be public-schooled is for the drama department. Agh. The cast was so good. 
The play was hilarious; I cried multiple times from laughing so hard. I had never heard anything about The Fantasticks before but from what was portrayed Saturday night, I like it a lot and I think it was well worth the $8 admission. 

Sunday
Sunday doesn't really count as the weekend, given it's the first day of the week; but I have an announcement:
Grandma is here to stay for three weeks! Dad drove to Ohio to pick her up, and she'll be here as long as she can. She's stayed a couple of times for only a week, so I'm really excited to have her here for an extra two. 

That was my weekend. As I said, nothing out of the ordinary; aside from selling elephant ears, watching two plays, and getting to see Grandma. Next weekend should be especially fun with her here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment