April 21, 2014

Stomachaches

A little-known fact about me: I love peanut butter.
I actually love peanut butter more than chocolate. And I like chocolate a lot.
image: Polyvore
However, I have recently discovered that my stomach doesn't agree with a certain brand of peanut butter - my favorite peanut butter. *sobs*
image: Tumblr
I'm far from believing that I have a peanut allergy, as I'm able to eat peanuts alone just fine, but this one particular brand of peanut butter irritates my stomach to no avail.
In addition to this great distress, I have found that the peanuts I once used to make my own peanut butter are no longer being sold at my local Wal-Mart. What's up with that??
Sam's Club sells huge bags of raw almonds that I oven-roast at home and grind into almond butter (my second largest obsession)...but guess what decided to break down?
Last week, we said goodbye to our faithful old food processor. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a good one soon because I'm beginning to feel the effects of deprivation. There are recipes aplenty that call for peanut/almond butter, which calls for peanuts/almonds and a food processor.
I have been dying to try this muffin recipe, but without almond butter, there can be no chocolate-chip almond butter muffins. Sad, sad day.

~JK