May 19, 2014

Weekend Highlights {3/5} ~ Disney Marathon


Friday

The senior high girls came together for girls' night at Bethany's house. In preparation for prom, they painted nails, did hair, and tried on secondhand dresses. We had pizza (so. much. pizza.) and coffee, then afterward we met up with the guys and with the junior high kids to watch a movie [Space Jam] and hang out. 

Saturday

My friend Emily is turning 18 on the 20th; so we decided to hang out and have a Disney marathon. After I finished making her a card, I baked her some cookies because I have no money to buy her an actual gift.
After lunchtime, Emily picked me up and we drove to a new secondhand store in town to find black dress pants. Once we were finished there, we went shopping for heels (we found some killer stilettos) and then we went to the library with our mental lists of Disney movies.
Needless to say, we came back empty-handed, aside from College Road Trip, which Emily checked out for later on. We then drove to a nearby scratch-and-dent store where Emily found many large bags full of meal bars, much like the bag I bought last week. After shopping, we went to Emily's church for a family fun night. There was free food and lots of games.

Two hours later, we went back to my house and I made an attempt to squeeze a two-person tent in my little bedroom. It fit, miraculously; a little snug, but with plenty of room for the both of us. Come to think of it, I really should have gotten pictures. :/

The marathon began with Hannah Montana; season 1, episode 1. So many memories flooded back. When I was a young'un, I watched HM like nothing else. I wanted to be on the show, I wanted to go to a concert, I wanted Miley Cyrus to adopt me; I spent every waking moment of my life thinking about Hannah Montana. Then Can't be Tamed happened and I was distraught to the point of never wanting to see her face ever again, or any other part of her body.
That came out well, didn't it?...

After skipping through a few odd episodes and seasons, we watched Hercules and a couple more episodes of HM. We retreated upstairs to my bedroom around midnight and stayed up chatting and snacking until two in the morning, when we finally decided to call it a night (or early morning, in this case).

It was a fun weekend.
Once again, I didn't take the time or thought to snap any pics. I really ought to work on that one.




~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment